Monday, October 4, 2010

Safdarjang's Tomb

Sunday I decided I needed to go see my neighborhood's namesake... or at least his grave.

This is not that old, it was built in the 18th century. I need to do some research on Mr. Safdarjung (sometimes spelled with an "a") because he is all over this city. There is a hospital, a major road, and a neighborhood all named after him.

safdarjung tomb

safdarjung tomb

safdarjung tomb

safdarjung tomb

There were no other tourists. The people in the pictures were working at the site (or the children of workers).

safdarjung tomb

I took a little walk around after visiting the tomb and found a little neighborhood temple. I love these things...

safdarjung tomb

safdarjung tomb

safdarjung tomb

And I found some odd graveyards, one for signs and one for desks...

Desk Graveyard? -- where desks go to die in Delhi

Sign Graveyard -- where signs go to die in Delhi

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you have an excellent blog! I just started my own Art blog and noticed you liked art as well, maybe you can check it out =)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete