Saturday, June 23, 2012

More otters (and pelicans)

[This post is chronologically out of order.]

When I go to Monterey, I have to spend at least an hour at Moss Landing to watch the raft of sea otters that hang out there.  They are just so incredibly interesting, I could spend hours watching them. It is such a shame that this state park is on the chopping block.  Surely closing this park won't stop people from coming and not having any rangers responsible for this area will only put the otters in danger.  I know this costs money, but protecting our public lands is just not the fund that should be cut.  We have such limited land that is open to wildlife and people to enjoy -- we should spend whatever it takes to preserve it.  And yes, I'm more than willing to pay an entrance fee, but I also feel strongly that everyone should be allowed to enjoy our beautiful country regardless of their financial situation.

JOL_8786

JOL_8597

JOL_8606

JOL_8662

JOL_8791

JOL_8817

JOL_8842

JOL_8873

JOL_8625

JOL_8787

JOL_8818

No comments:

Post a Comment