Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thanksgiving in Portlandia

Even though my Nov./Dec. was crowded with travel, I decided it had been too long since I had visited my friends in Portland and headed up for Thanksgiving. It had been so long that my friend's baby was practically a toddler!

JOL_1239

I did my usual tourist stuff: visited Powells, had an almond croissant at Nuvre, etc. We had a lovely Thanksgiving meal with all the fixins (tofurkey for me!).

Friday my host and I braved the weather to go for a hike on the 10 waterfall trail near Salem. We had nice weather for the beginning of the hike, but then it started to rain. And then it started to pour. And then we missed our turn and walked 1 mile out of our way. While my host carried a 35 pound baby on her back and I had my usual 25 pound camera bag (which I'm pretty used to by now, so this isn't so bad).

But we made it and it was a lovely hike. And little Sashinka had a really, really great time -- the kid was all smiles even in the rain.

JOL_1241

JOL_1242

JOL_1251

JOL_1257

JOL_1253
JOL_1274

No comments:

Post a Comment