Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meeting the new nephew

I got a brand new nephew in Nov. This was a nice addition, because frankly the old nephew was getting a little old (he is six). Just kidding.

I got to meet the newbie at Christmas. Being less than 2 months old means he is still in the "no neck power" category of babyhood that I tend to resist (childhood trauma).  Still, he is pretty cute and generally a very satisfied kid.  I say "satisfied" because he doesn't smile a lot, but he also doesn't cry a lot.  So I'm assuming he is generally satisfied with life, but not overly excited about it yet.  I think this is a good place for him to be, considering he can't even hold his head up yet.

Big brother is very happy (though a bit jealous at the attention he receives).
JOL_1695

JOL_1700

This is my favorite shot of the baby...
JOL_1637

JOL_1644

He needs a thought bubble here that would say, "Aunt Jessica why have you put this irritating hat on my head when I'm inside? And why have you stopped my lovely swing?"
JOL_1654

He is just learning that a camera in your face means you should smile...
JOL_1674

Since I have giant feet, I tend to be a bit obsessive about cute baby feet
JOL_1684

He got this dog pillow for Christmas and really loves it...
JOL_1713

And being a baby, he sleeps a lot...
JOL_1767

No comments:

Post a Comment