Friday, April 19, 2013

Burma Part VIII continued

I felt like I was overloading you with images on my last post, so I divided it up. 

JOL_4597

JOL_4608

On our second day of trekking there were loads of miscommunications along the way, but we ended at the Lonely Tree for sunset, and it was wonderful...

JOL_4611

JOL_4620

Our route:

JOL_4622

Our host on the second night:

JOL_4628

People in the villages work together to collect firewood before the monsoon rains hit. This wood is used to warm their homes and cook their meals, build their homes, make their tools, etc. It is also a major contributor to bad air quality, poor health, and deforestation. I'm not criticizing the communities, I'm criticizing the world, and the Myanmar government, for not helping to replace this reliance on wood.

JOL_4646

JOL_4637

JOL_4648

The paddy fields were being prepared for the rains too...

JOL_4655

Lunch hosts

JOL_4664

JOL_4665

Fire ant eggs being prepared to eat...

JOL_4671

I think this is ingenious -- they put a rope around the horns of the cow and the end of a bamboo pole and now the cow can move a full 360 around the pole.

JOL_4697

Over the trek we were surrounded by butterflies, who refused to sit still for photographs. But this guy was willing to accommodate me...

JOL_4700

No comments:

Post a Comment