Friday, May 15, 2009

Sad little writer

It has been almost two months since I wrote. I've probably lost all the readers that I somehow managed to obtain in two entries. If you are still here, I apologize for my neglect. I have good reason for being away and I hope I can fix this in the coming months.

So what could an unemployed person be doing to keep them so busy that they can't write a blog entry once a week? Oh, getting a job comes to mind. Moving to San Francisco doesn't help the time crunch either.

Yep, I'm now fully employed with an environmental nonprofit in San Francisco. This means I have been not only working full time (since March 22), but also trying to move and get settled in San Francisco. Let me tell you, moving across the country is no easy task. It isn't the same as moving a few states away -- this move has meant I had to change bank accounts, manage two moves (one from NC and one from VA) and learn an entirely new city. I also actually got rid of a lot of stuff before I left for Sri Lanka, so I've had to do some shopping. I now am the proud owner of a wonderful, semi-organic Keetsa bed and a not so environmentally sound sofa.

I've moved to the Mission, which is a very interesting neighborhood in San Francisco. I chose this neighborhood because it means a flat bike ride to work and I found an awesome apartment. More on that later.

For now, here are some shots of my new neighborhood. There is a great pie shop just around the corner from my place (in case you need pie in order to come visit!).

No comments:

Post a Comment