Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Streets

I'm telling you, you have to love a neighborhood where every time you leave the house to go grocery shopping you get stuck behind some event. Seriously, this happens a lot.

So today was Sunday Streets. See, this is why I have to subscribe to a newspaper -- I had no idea this was happening today. And in my hood. But as I biked up Van Ness to Trader Joe's, I had to cross the path of the revelers twice, so I knew I had to do my shopping quick so I could join in.

Sunday Streets is just a closed section of road. They do it all over San Francisco -- neighborhoods basically take turns. You are supposed to do whatever you want, as long as it is non-motorized. So we had a Native American dance troop and a roller rink (complete with hoky poky and d.j.).

I did a little biking and then I ran home and got my camera and walked a bit of it.

I think I got some nice shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment