Friday, July 30, 2010

New location, old situation

I haven’t written in a while and I do apologize. I’ve been busy preparing to move to India.


That is right; I’m in India right now. This time I’m only going to be away for a few months (most likely five and a half); so I didn’t have as much to do as I did last time I moved to this side of the world. Plus, I didn’t change jobs – I’m here for my current employer. That means that they are still paying me my salary and they are paying for my place here in Delhi.


So this blog will most likely be very different from my last blog. I won’t be complaining about money. I’ve never been so comfortable financially in my life, so it would be foolish and a bit petty to complain. I won’t complain about my job either. Although I’m back begging for money, my current employer has treated me very well and I don’t have much to complain about.


I will tell you what I’m up to and share some photographs.


So far my only update is that I got sick. I think that is crazy. I know everyone gets sick when they come to Delhi (thus the term “Delhi belly”), but I don’t get sick when I travel. O.k. the first time I came to India I got really, really sick; I’ve been back several times since then and not been sick until now.


Oh and how I got sick is just atrocious – eating lunch at the Hilton. I had dal and naan at the Hilton and this made me sick. It is so irritating.


Worse is I’ve felt like I’m on the mends for four days now, yet I’m still not totally right. I hate being on the edge of wellness and illness.


Thus, I haven’t done much since I got here (besides work). We did go shopping yesterday. A coworker took me and did all the bargaining for me. She was great at it!


And I found an apartment. I should be signing something on Sunday. Hopefully I’ll be able to move in soon. I can’t wait to buy a blender and start drinking fruit shakes every day! I did get a few rambutans at breakfast the other day.


I’m going to Ahmadabad this weekend. We are staying at a fancy boutique hotel. Should be a nice couple of days.



DSC_0018

No comments:

Post a Comment