Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sick of Hilton

After all my bragging and insisting that I don’t get sick, I got sick last weekend. And what I ate to get sick is so disturbing – dal and naan at the Hilton. Seriously, the last time I was in India I drank juice off the street (the perfect example of what you should not do) and did not get sick. I eat in one fancy hotel and I’m in bed for a day.

I think the lesson here is that I should stick to street food.

I went to look at apartments last Thursday. It was a little depressing. The prices of these places are insane, and they aren’t even nice. One place was acceptable, but the price was still a bit crazy (more than $2,000/month for two bedrooms). Shakti’s new office is apparently in a rather posh area of town. Alex (contractor that Shakti has hired who will share the apartment) and I both agree we want to live within walking distance from the new office.

I went to look at apartments again today and found something that is acceptable. So maybe I’ll move next week. Yeah!

Seema is taking Makeeba and me to Ahmadabad this weekend. She is having us stay at a fancy hotel. Should be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment