Friday, July 12, 2013

Elkhorn Slough to see the Ladies

I like to travel down to Monterey.  Particularly when the Elkhorn Slough Foundation has events; since I'm a member, and I have a good friend who works there.

Recently (o.k., in early May) they had a major donor walk to see the female otters and their pups.  Of course, we weren't in the water with them, we were watching them from the top of a hill, but the view was still quite good.  Or at least, better than any view I've ever had of moms and their pups.

My best shot was through a scope -- so don't judge the quality (unless you have several thousands of dollars to buy me a long lens).

JOL_6320

But even though I couldn't really get any good shots of the otters, I got some nice shots of the beautiful scenery. My photos don't quite do the natural beauty justice.

JOL_6305

I just love red-winged blackbirds...

JOL_6278

JOL_6294

JOL_6303

Wildlife black dots (that is the technical term in photography for far away animals)!

JOL_6318

JOL_6324

JOL_6341

JOL_6359

And a funny bumper sticker to end your day...

JOL_6381

No comments:

Post a Comment