Friday, January 8, 2010

My lack of committment is appalling

Was it really Nov. 13 when last I blogged? That seems insane. I was doing more than one a day when I was in Sri Lanka. Am I really that much busier or am I less inspired in the U.S? To be honest I have no idea. I definitely don't spend as much time actively on-line now as I did in Sri Lanka. I think that has more to do with Hulu working here (it doesn't when you are overseas, in case you were wondering) than my lack of free time.

Anyway, one of my New Year's resolutions is to write more and take more photos. I am now on a new computer -- Merry Christmas/Happy birthday to me from my immediate family. It is much faster and has enough memory to actually hold my photos (before I was using an external hard drive), which hopefully will inspire me. Plus, I have now adopted a new backup system, so I'm feeling a bit more secure with my enormous file of photos. This was more an necessity than an extravagance since my external hard drive was failing on me about 80 percent of the time. I think I upgraded just in time to not loose any of my previous work.

Also, thanks to my incredibly generous sister, I now am the proud owner of a LensBaby. What this means to you: be prepared for a lot of bad photos while I get used to it, and for more artsy photos in the future. Enjoy!



walk_3

Pre-LensBaby (trip to the Smokey Mountains):

No comments:

Post a Comment